It had been speculated that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle had been invited to spend time at the Queen’s summer residence in Balmoral. The invitation is believed to have come during the couple’s fleeting visit to the UK last month to mark the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. However, royal commentator Neil Sean told his YouTube channel that Meghan and Harry will decline the invitation.
Mr Sean addressed speculation about the Sussexes’ summer plans when he explained that it was unlikely the couple would spend time with the Queen at her Scottish royal residence.
He suggested the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were “too busy” in Los Angeles to make the trip.
It’s also understood the “real reason” behind the snub is that the Duke wants to avoid a “thorny” discussion about his forthcoming unveiling reminder.
He said: “According to this good source, I think you seem too busy even fascinating Balmoral with all that wonderful air, highlands, goodies and of course hanging out with the most interesting woman in the world.”
JUST IN: Meghan Markle is apparently thrilled to be ‘cleared’ in the Palace inquest
He continued: “It looks like Harry and Meghan will have to politely decline the invitation to go to Balmoral to spend some time with our lovely monarch.
“According to this source, the real reason, as we know, is that Prince Harry is preparing to release his tell-all book in the autumn.
“That might prove to be really tricky and thorny, huh?
“Because I’m sure that would rightly be raised as an issue.
“And of course, when you’re sitting across from your grandmother and you have to explain exactly what you’re going to do or what you’re going to say, that creates a very tricky situation.
“So of course Harry and Meghan decided the easy way out was to unfortunately not attend.”
Penguin Random House claims that Harry’s memoirs “contain, for the first time ever, the definitive account of the experiences, adventures, losses and life lessons that shaped him.”
Earlier this week, Harry and Meghan were spotted celebrating US Independence Day on July 4th with their son Archie.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were spotted at a trendy ski resort in Wyoming, where Archie was spotted holding a US flag.
DO NOT MISS:
Meghan and Harry have Palace assistants who are scared [INSIGHT]
Fiona Bruce loses it with Remoaner Alastair Campbell in QT fight [VIDEO]
An outsider who gave freedom and hope to his nation [EXPRESS COMMENT]
The Balmoral trip could have led to an awkward reunion with Prince William, who normally goes to Balmoral in the summer to spend time with the Queen.
The news may delight many in Britain, as a poll in June showed a majority of Express.co.uk readers didn’t think the Queen should invite the couple to Balmoral.
In a poll that ran from 11am Tuesday 28 June to 1pm Thursday 30 June, Express.co.uk asked: “Should Meghan and Harry be invited to Balmoral?”
A total of 6,852 people responded, with the predominant answer being “no,” and won by a landslide of 95 percent (6,523 people).
Meanwhile, four percent (287 people) said yes, they should be invited to stay, and just one percent (42 people) said they didn’t know.
The Duchess of Gloucester eschewed royal wedding tradition
Prince Harry plans Queens top aide in storm over police protection
Meghan and Harry have Palace assistants who are scared
Royal Family LIVE: Harry initiates another British lawsuit
Meghan and Harry: Expert on why the couple are ‘touching each other all the time’