model mom! Camila Alve is always busy with her career, family and marriage Matthew McConaughey. Now she exclusively reveals 25 of her secrets Us weekly.
“My most prized item in my wardrobe is a necklace that Matthew made for me, which has the names and birthstones of all three children, as well as his birthstone,” the 40-year-old model says exclusively Us. “It was inspired by a necklace my friend has, but Matthew created his own.”
That Just try a bite Children’s book author and the How to lose a man in 10 days star, 52, married in 2012 before expanding their brood. The couple share sons Levi, 14, and Livingston, 9, and daughter Vida, 12.
“You know, it’s interesting because when you have little kids you’re physically exhausted, aren’t you? And I feel like when you get to the teens… it’s almost like you need more energy,” Alves said Us last month while raising teenagers with her husband. “You need more brain power because it’s all about the mind, right? It’s like a teenager [is] trying to find their identity and figure out how to get on with their lives. So I think it’s more challenging for me in a good way.”
She added at the time, “When it comes to more of… the ability to really lead a young man or woman, it takes a different kind of brain, you know, brain power [and] conduct [or] to navigate in it. But it’s beautiful. It’s inspirational. It also makes you look at a lot of things that you do as an adult too, you know when you get to that stage. … It’s a beautiful stage.”
Scroll down to find out more about the Brazilian native:
1. I like to collect pottery and table decorations such as plates and bowls.
2. My favorite snack is the taco-inspired sundae that I created for Whole Foods Market in honor of National Ice Cream Day. It’s the perfect combination of sweet and salty, soft and crunchy, with a Latin twist.
3. My favorite gift from my children is a bracelet, which is mine [son] Livingston made me last Mother’s Day. Since then I’ve been wearing it every day.
4. The dish I do best in the kitchen is a honey chicken recipe on mine women of today Website.
5. My favorite book is Green light by Matthew McConaughey.
6. I’m watching Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty.
7. My family’s favorite games are Monopoly and Charades.
8. Bob Marley and Lauryn Hill are my favorite singers.
9. My favorite thing to donate to is our charity, the just keep livin foundation.
10. My favorite drink is tequila.
11. My first job was harvesting at my uncle’s coffee farm.
12. The best advice I’ve ever received was “this too shall pass.”
13. My favorite children’s book is Just try a bite.
14. My secret talent is floral arrangements.
15. My favorite city to visit as a family is London.
16. My favorite city to visit with girlfriends is NYC.
17. My most prized item in my wardrobe is a necklace that Matthew made for me, bearing all three children’s names and birthstones and his birthstone. It was inspired by a necklace my friend has, but Matthew created his own.
18. The easiest meal my kids make is a taco bar or pasta bolognese.
19. My first concert was a Brazilian folk band called Fala Mansabut. But an artist you will know better Paul McCartney at Madison Square Garden.
20. Something I keep a lot of in my closet is shoes.
21. My favorite workout is via ferrata climbing.
22 Dallas Buyers Club is my favorite movie Matthew made.
23. I can’t drink coffee so I drink tea instead. Lately I’ve been trying this tea called MUD\WTR with MCT oil.
24. My favorite room in my home is the kitchen.
25. I am inspired by most of the people I meet. Some inspire me what to do, others what not to do.